Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just some of my thoughts...



 Since my introduction into what is the “Death penalty” I have no come to a realization, whenever there is an anti-death penalty event, the same people are showing up… where is the talk, where is the need to make this so much bigger. This is a big issue, bigger than any of us, yet they put this speaking event in a small room.  We need to have our voices heard. It is not just about going to the capital with a group of people, it is about getting the masses involved as well. What good is a revolution if there are only going to be 100 of us involved? I feel that I have now made it my obligation to get more people involved in this activist work. We all need to see how unjust this type of punishment is, there are different means of punishment and capital punishment should no longer be allowed… the state makes us all into murders and it doesn’t seem to phase any tax payers. What I am about to say will be selfish but if you tax payers would make the state abolish the Death Penalty then I would have more money to go to school and  would other kids just like me would be able to have college paid for and not pay out of pocket…
It is time for people who believe in what I believe to make this into a bigger issue… If you believe in what I believe then you want people to hear how dehumanizing capital punishment is…  last in for most for those of you think this is a crime deterrent issue, I have to but only disagree with you and state that this is a human rights issue..

No comments:

Post a Comment